Please take 3 minutes or less to update your information via the Waterford Kamhlaba UWCSA Alumni Update Form

GCE And IGCSE Certificates

If you have lost your International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Certificate, you need to apply to Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) for a Certifying Statement. Unfortunately, they do not reissue certificates after 18 months of issue. The Certifying Statement is an official document issued by CIE which will show the grades you obtained in your exams and will be accepted by Universities and other institutions as proof of your examination results.

You will need to fill in the form (which can be found at the link below) and apply directly to CIE. The process should take up to six weeks. You can find additional information via the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) website. You will see on the application form that you will require your Candidate Number, which, if you cannot remember it, may be held by the Advancement Office (you can contact the Alumni Coordinator at Please note that there is a fee involved, details of which are on the application form.


A request for the replacement of results documentation will only be accepted directly from a candidate six months after the issue of results. Therefore, for a May session a request will only be accepted after the following January 1st, and for the November session a request will only be accepted after the following July 1st. However, this restriction will be waived if the coordinator at the school where the candidate was registered for the IB examination session confirms that it is acceptable to issue the replacement documentation directly to the candidate. A candidate must request replacement documentation via the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) website. Payment must be made using the secure online system. Documentation will not be issued until the payment has been successfully processed.