Find out what fellow alumni are up to below. Do you have news to share about yourself or a fellow Waterfordian? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share.
Khulile Nxumalo (SA-WK ’90)
Eli Medvescek (USA-WK ’12)
Caroline Carlson (USA-WK ’92)
- Charles de Koning , WK 1973 – 1979
Professor Charles de Koning is awarded the South African Chemistry Institute’s (SACI) gold medal and gets inducted as a Fellow of SACI. Congratulations from your Kamhlaba family. Read the full excerpt HERE
- Likoebe Maruping, WK 1994 – 1995
Likoebe Maruping, was appointed as a Senior Editor for MIS Quarterly, the world’s leading scholarly research journal, in January 2020. Congratulations on this new achievement. Visit Likoebes website HERE.
Arts and Entertainment
- Velemseni Ndzimandze (WK ’05 – ’10) released a new MUSIC VIDEO
- Tatenda Mandaza (WK ’06 – ’11) features in a BBC Interview
BLOGS AND PODCASTS
- Alan Whiteside (WK ’69 – ’74) – Alan Whiteside manages a website “designed to keep you up to date on what he am publishing and doing; new ideas he wants to disseminate; and causes he thinks are important.” VISIT the site.
- Zwelithini Hlabathe (WK ’10 – ’11) – The podcast is aimed at helping individuals do a deeper self-reflection when it comes to their current financial state, relationships and career. Check it out HERE
- Craig Moffat (WK ’88 – ’94) – Congratulations to Craig who co-edited “Extremism in Africa”. Find the book on Amazon.
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Conrad Hughes (WK ’87 – ’93) – New article “COVID-19 and the opportunity to design a more mindful approach to learning” available now.
- Proserpina Dhlamini-Fisher (WK ’79 – ’83) – Latest article, “What is international education in Africa?, is out in International School Magazine (May 2020 edition) – PG 65 – 66.
Service and Philanthropy
- SOLIDARITY ESWATINI – Raising awareness, funds & resources for groups working in communities affected by the coronavirus pandemic in Eswatini. Support this Alumni- led fundraising initiative