WELCOME TO KAMHLABA CONNECT! VIEW SITE NAVIGATION VIDEO
JANUARY – FEBRUARY ALUMNI NEWSLETTER
WHAT’S NEW THIS WEEK?
UPDATE April 12
ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING EVENTS
generational debate: part 2
DATE: SATURDAY, APRIL
CLIMATE ACTIVISM CONVERSATION
DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21
Latest Kamhlaba Stories
- SPEAKER SERIES WITH Zoe Dean-Smith#AlumniSpeakerSeries featuring Zoe Dean-Smith Date: Wednesday, April 7 Time: 6PM SAST https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEudOqtqzssGdQKOt7pWpV45Z1Td3-2GEEL
- WATERFORD KAMHLABA #CHOOSESTOCHALLENGE SERIES#AlumniSpeakerSeries featuring Rajeev Chib Date: Wednesday,November 4 Time: 4PM SAST https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEudOqtqzssGdQKOt7pWpV45Z1Td3-2GEEL
- WK Work Wednesdays#wk_work_wednesdays updated weekly. View opportunities on K.Conn (wkalumni.wordpress.com)
ALUMNI ON THE MOVE
- Sachin De Silva, WK 2015 – 2019
Congratulations to Sachin De Silva on the impressive at Malaga F.C. We can’t wait to watch you on the field again! Read the Times of Eswatini article HERE.
- Munashe Mataranyika, WK 2015 – 2016
Congratulations to Munashe Matranyika who has been shortlisted as a Zimbabwe Rhodes Scholar. Munashe is a Senior at University of Oklahoma where she is studying Politics and International Studies as part of Pre-Law studies. She has been on the President’s Honor Roll and Vice President’s Honor Roll throughout her tenure at OU. Your Kamhlaba Family is proud to celebrate you!
- Amanda Tandiwe Nzimande, WK 1982 – 1988
The Solidarity Fund on Wednesday announced the appointment of Amanda Tandiwe Nzimande as Fund chief executive (CEO), taking over from Nomkhita Nqweni. Read more HERE
- Zanelle F Thabede, WK 1998 – 2002
Zanelle Thabede has been appointed as National Director of Women and Law in Southern Africa. Congratulations from your Kamhlaba family. You can find out more about Women and Law HERE
- Kim Hope – Head of Theatre Arts, WK 1998 – 2001
Kim Hope released his book, ‘The Bullet in the Pawpaw – Theatre and AIDS in South Africa’ which has been published by John Hunt Publishing.